Azim Premji Foundation invites applications for a Community Health Research Associate position for our work in health. This is a full-time position, based in Bengaluru and will involve extensive travel and fieldwork.
- Work on research that studies and highlights issues related to health in urban/rural communities.
- Formulate research questions, design, and conduct research on public and community health with inputs from the health care team, focusing on the health needs of vulnerable and underserved communities.
- Do and guide fieldwork to gather primary information.
- Collect, collate and analyze health data from credible primary and secondary sources regularly.
- Study and document strategy, approach, and processes in other (external) organizations working on public and community health.
- Publish reports, observations, and studies regularly.
- Support any other tasks that are related to the research work as required
Qualification, Experience, and Attributes
- Experience of 5 to 8 years in research, including participatory research on community and/or public health, is essential.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or Social Work (medical) is desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken Kannada, Hindi, and English is essential
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Skills in analysis, managing data integrity, and accuracy.
Job Types: Full-time, Regular / Permanent
Salary: ₹1.00 – ₹2.00 per month
Schedule: Day shift
Experience: 3 years (Required)
Last Date: 30/06/2022
Application Procedure: Send us your application with the following documents to email@example.com. Ensure the subject line mentions the role you are applying for.
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- The completed Application Form.
Official Website: Click Here
About Azim Premji Foundation: The Azim Premji Foundation has field institutes in 40+ districts across 6 states and one union territory– Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Puducherry, Rajasthan, Telangana, and Uttarakhand. The district institutes work with government schools to improve the quality of teaching-learning processes, build professional networks, and reform curriculum along with related issues of education policy. The Foundation through the School of Continuing Education and University Resource Centre of Azim Premji University is also engaged in the North-Eastern states and Jammu & Kashmir. Our main area of work is capacity building of senior functionaries at the state or district levels through workshops, courses, curriculum, and material development. Currently, we do not have District Institutes in these locations.
The core idea is to improve the quality of education and provide better learning experiences for children in government schools by improving the capacities of teachers at multiple levels. This is facilitated through multi-modal engagements – informal learning groups, short discussions, workshops, school visits, exposure visits, etc.
The Foundation’s work in the field directly leverages and builds upon the rich experience gained through grassroots-level engagements for fifteen years. All the work in the field has close linkages with the University to ensure a strong two-way connection between theory, research, and actual practice.
The map represents the reach of the Foundation in terms of its District Institutes. The map also indicates the presence of Teacher Learning Centres established by the Foundation. The Teacher Learning Centre is a space located close to the residences of teachers and equipped with resources and facilities (such as books, teaching-learning materials, computers, etc.) which can be utilized by the local teacher community. The space acts as a hub for various teacher professional development activities such as workshops, discussion forums, and other events.