About Pallium India: Pallium India is a national registered charitable trust (No. 693/IV/2003) formed in 2003. Pallium India strives to alleviate health-related suffering. We demonstrate, educate and facilitate to the integration of palliative care into mainstream healthcare.
For many young people, especially those who may be considering a career in the healthcare profession, that sentiment probably has a familiar ring to it.
Internships often can provide vital first-hand experience and insights that will help students decide upon their fields of study as well as their career paths. For college students studying in fields such as medicine, medical social work, nursing, psychology, public health, or any other field, an internship with Pallium India could provide you with an eye-opening experience. To apply for an internship with us, please send in your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Application for Internship”.
Official Website: Click Here
Vision: An India in which palliative care is integrated into all health care so that every person has access to effective pain relief and quality palliative care along with disease-specific treatment and across the continuum of care.
Mission: To catalyze the development of effective pain relief and quality palliative care services and their integration in health care across India through delivery of services, education, building capacities, policy, research, advocacy and information.
- The patient is the most important consideration. Commitment to Pallium India will be secondary to commitment to the patient and family.
- ‘Care’ is the right of the patient and family and we stand committed to giving it to them. ‘Care’ is not a charity that we give them. By giving us the opportunity to care for them, they are enriching our lives.
- Compassionate and competent care valuing human dignity is at the very heart of what we do and why we exist. We shall endeavor to do the right thing for the right reason as best as we can.
- We recognize the strength of the social capital and shall engage in a partnership with the community enlisting the support of volunteers and other community entities, creating the capacity to meet community needs.
- Each one of us shall treat everyone else with respect, remembering that every individual is superior to each one of us in some way.
- We shall embrace the ethical principles of autonomy, beneficence, non-maleficence, and justice, exercising them in the best interest of those we care for.