Azim Premji University, Bhopal is expected to start operations in Bhopal in 2023. It will offer programs in teacher education, public health and other domains related to education and development. It will also offer a wide range of continuing education programmes in these domains.
The masters’ programme in public health will be firmly grounded in values of equity and social justice in the context of Indian realities. It will aim to nurture capabilities of students to understand and address public health concerns at community, systems and policy levels, informed by a balance of perspectives, knowledge and skills. It will develop a cohort of public health practitioners dedicated to the health and well-being of communities, and will admit students from varied disciplinary backgrounds.
In line with the above, the University is inviting applications for faculty positions from candidates with experience in academia or practice who are in alignment with the orientation and objectives of the programme described above. Faculty members at the University are expected to engage in designing courses, teaching, mentoring students, research, engage with public health practice, public writing and policy work.
We are looking for:
- Expertise and experience in diverse dimensions of public health teaching, research or practice
- Capacity to be reflective and think critically
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Orientation towards collaborative work
- Willingness to engage with a diverse student body
- Experience of ground-up policy development work is desirable
- For academics, an advanced degree in relevant field
- For experienced practitioners: Field experience of more than 10 years and a post-graduate degree (or equivalent) in any relevant field