Central Tuberculosis Division, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) invites applications for Team Lead for the State Technical Support Unit.
About the Project:
Central Tuberculosis Division (CTD), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India (GoI) is implementing the “Program Towards Elimination of Tuberculosis” funded by “International Bank for Reconstruction and Development” (IBRD), The World Bank to improve the coverage and quality of Tuberculosis control interventions in the private and public sector in nine targeted states of India.
In order to strengthen this initiative and intensify private sector engagement, the establishment of the National Technical Support Unit (NTSU) and the STSUs in nine priority states have been considered to be key action points under the institutional framework under NTEP.
The “SAMS-Union” Joint Venture has been awarded the responsibility of establishing the STSU in Maharashtra. The STSU shall operate out of Pune and shall function with active support, supervision, and monitoring by the NTSU.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF SAMS FOR ESTABLISHING THE STSU IN MAHARASHTRA:
Support the state in implementing the engagement of Service Providers:
These Service Providers could be utilized to implement PPSA and any other partnership options as required by the state to provide various services in the TB care cascade for e.g., private sector engagement, community mobilization, etc.
A. Contract Management:
The primary responsibility of the STSU is to support the State TB Cell in managing the complete cycle of engaging service providers through the stages viz.:
(1) Finalization of area specific planning and strategies;
(2) Define Performance indicators / measures for results-based contracting, development of the results-based contracts;
(3) Cost/ contract value estimation based on the specific TORs;
(4) Identification of suitable procurement process; and
(5) Facilitation of the bidding / RFP process for PPSA contracting.
The STSU will also provide technical support to the state TB cell on-boarding of the agencies and the operational management of the contract through the contract duration, the mandated periodic performance reviews against indicators, validation of milestone achievement, accuracy of claims, submission of all documentation, etc.
B. Monitoring and Evaluation:
(1) The STSU will monitor the progress of contracted agencies on results-based outputs;
(2) Facilitate third party dipsticks of results (both quantitative and qualitative aspects) to avoid fraud and ensure transparency;
(3) Optimize use of Nikshay to review data for action;
(4) Obtain specified results;
(5) Work with the state to recommend payments to contracted entities in a timely manner based on results achieved
C. Capacity Building and Technical Support:
(1) The STSU will provide technical assistance to contracted entities (as required), especially in the initial phase of engagement;
(2) Most importantly, it will work with state to deploy dipstick surveys, qualitative assessments to review results of contracted agencies;
(3) It will analyse results and make recommendations for payments to agencies including PPSAs, laboratory networks, pharmacy chains, e pharmacies etc.;
(4) Technical support to public sector on process improvement
D. Innovative Financing:
(1) Facilitate support via innovative financing for implementation/ technical support etc. that is made available to the State from any donor or philanthropic institutions.
E. Compliance / Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
The STSUs may also support and facilitate the tabling and review of grievances received from parties. The STSU shall only be responsible for executing due process. The Governing Committee / managing committees at the state level are the body mandated with reviewing and resolving grievances.
SAMS-Union JV is hiring a Team Lead on a Full-Time Engagement basis for the STSU-Maharashtra to support implementation of National Tuberculosis Elimination Program with Central TB Division based out of Maharashtra.
4. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the overall guidance and direction of the CTD-NTSU, the Team Lead shall execute the following responsibilities:
(1) Represent the consortium in meetings, reviews, and workshops at all levels;
(2) Lead, co-ordinate and supervise the STSU’s multidisciplinary team for executing the implementation plan;
(3) Responsible for overall execution of the assignment;
(4) Report to the STO/CTD-NTSU for performance and effectiveness of STSU activities;
(5) Accountable leadership for providing Technical Support, guidance, problem solving support and leading discussions with the State TB Cell;
(6) Ensure all deliverables and milestones are satisfactorily delivered, leading to desired impact;
(7) Provide insights from experience in healthcare projects with state governments, public private partnerships, large scale transformation engagements;
(8) Responsible for submission of periodic reports to SAMS-The Union, CTD-NTSU
(9) Be a focal point for decision making and communication throughout the assignment;
(10) Any other activities assigned by the STO/ CTD-NTSU
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Postgraduate degree in Medicine/ Public Health/Communicable Diseases and/or Business Administration / Hospital Management/ Healthcare Management (2 Years Full Time – UGC /AICTE approved)
(1) Minimum eight years’ experience, of which three years of relevant experience in communicable diseases;
(2) Prior experience in TB programs is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Project Management and planning skills are essential
(2) Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential
(3) Excellent analytical and communication skills are essential
(4) Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams
(5) Ability to engage with a diverse set of stakeholders
(6) Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and working knowledge of the local language in Maharashtra is mandatory
(7) Ability to work independently on complex projects and proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
(8) Sound computer skills, including use of the Internet, MS Office™ software, and Data Analytics
(9) High EQ and excellent interpersonal skills, especially in cross-cultural settings and highly distributed work environments with demonstrated ability to build relationships quickly.
(10) Willingness to be based in Maharashtra and travel extensively (12-15 days/month) as per the requirement of the project;
(11) Ability to work independently and as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment
(12) Ability to make effective use of resources and comparative advantage to strengthen programs and partnerships;
(13) Ability to identify problems, propose solutions and take immediate corrective measures.
Gross monthly remuneration payable for this post shall be within the range of Rs.1,40,000/- to Rs.1,60,000/-, subject to withholding taxes, as applicable. The remuneration will be decided based on the last drawn salary, experience, and caliber of the candidate.
NATURE OF ENGAGEMENT:
The selected candidate shall be appointed as a Consultant on a full-time basis, for a fixed-term assignment with Strategic Alliance Management Services Pvt. Ltd. (SAMS). The contract shall be valid for one year, and extendable up to three years based upon approval from the Principal and the candidate’s performance.
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: One
LOCATION: Pune, Maharashtra
Strategic Alliance Management Services Pvt. Ltd.
B-18, Sector-06, NOIDA
Gautam Budh Nagar, (U.P.) – 201301
Phones: 0120-4161356; 0120-4161357; 0120-3511886
APPLICATION PROCESS: Click Here
Last Date: June 4, 2022.