1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) Consultant, Social Empowerment of Women through the Women Self-Help Groups of Mission Shakti in Odisha, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Odisha
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN organization working for reproductive rights for all and supports access to a wide range of sexual and reproductive health services, including voluntary family planning, maternal health care and comprehensive sexuality education.
Originating as the flagship program of the Odisha State government to empower women through Women Self Help Groups (WSHGs), Mission Shakti has evolved and now is a separate Department of Government of Odisha. The Mission Shakti Department endeavors to empower 70 lakh women organized into 6 lakh Self Help Groups through facilitating credit-market linkages for economic and financial empowerment of women.
Mission Shakti (MS) has created opportunities for WSHGs for better income generation in convergence with different government departments for provisioning of services, procurement of goods, and scale up financial inclusion initiatives thus giving an impetus to economic strengthening and paving way for transformative change in women’s empowerment in Odisha. The WSHGs have played a pivotal role in creating awareness of social issues, and supporting the communities in disaster preparedness and response including in the COVID-19 response. The WSHGs has emerged as a powerful platform for the government to reach out to communities and households even in the most remote locations of the state.
UNFPA is partnering with the Department of Mission Shakti to carry forward the unique initiative of empowerment of women through WSHGs through building in and developing capacities of women in Digital and Financial Literacy as well as on important aspects of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and on Gender-based Violence. The overall goal of the project is to empower Women Self Help Group (WSHG) members in Odisha over a period of three years through:
(1) Digital & Financial Literacy (28 Districts; ~600,000 women)
(2) Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights, Gender-based Violence (30 Districts; ~300,000 women)
(3) Collaboration/Partnerships through Knowledge Management and SSTC
The position of the digital and financial literacy consultant is of extreme importance to the overall design and achievement of the envisaged results of the project.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Based at the Project Management Unit (PMU) of Mission Shakti at Bhubaneshwar (Odisha), the SRHR Consultant will provide substantial technical, coordination & capacity building support to the implementation of the project, namely “Social Empowerment of Women Self Help Groups of Mission Shakti” ensuring that the objectives of the project and the deliverables/results are achieved in time and with quality. He/She will be a part of a team of technical experts in the Project Management Unit (PMU) at Mission Shakti and will be responsible for providing high-quality technical inputs in the roll-out of the SRHR component of the project, including support to the Project Manager/Head of Office in all substantive and administrative matters, work closely with Government counterparts, implementing partners, and will undertake field visits to the project geographies for program planning and management achieving the quality standards set out for this project.
The consultant shall work under the overall guidance of the designated official at Mission Shakti and/or Project Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities.
(A) Technical Coordination on SRHR
(1) Undertake basic desk/field assessment of the all the existing training programs for SHGs with an aim to identify opportunities for integrating SRHR components in the current training design for SHGs;
(2) Review meeting designs, framework, and content of SHGs at group level as well as cluster level to identify opportunities for integrating SRHR as an integral part of group discussions and actions keeping the ICPD mandate at the center of the overall design;
(3) Collect, compile and review the content, and pedagogy of various training modules on SRHR, especially focusing on integrating technology and other unconventional means to design strategy for effective and sustainable training on SRHR;
(4) Prepare a detailed framework for the training module on SRHR in the context of Self Help Groups of Odisha;
(5) Support Technical Resource Agency on the development of needs and context-specific modules on SRHR;
(6) Liaise with the Department of Health, Mission Shakti, and other relevant line departments for building synergies.
(B) Training & Capacity Building
(1) Develop a comprehensive training and capacity building plan for SRHR based on a cascading approach with detailed micro-planning;
(2) Support Implementing agency in rolling out the training and capacity building on SRHR;
(3) Develop and execute regular training and capacity building program for project personnels;
(4) Prepare a monitoring and supportive supervision checklist for supervisory/monitoring staff to ensure quality of the training;
(5) Review, and analyze the monitoring and supervision checklist to identify areas of gaps and develop plans for addressing the identified gaps;
(6) Develop and/or support the development of short training capsules for undertaking training and capacity building of project personnel;
(7) Undertake induction training of newly recruited project team on a project on SRHR.
Carry out any other related duties as may be requested by the Project Manager and/or Mission Shakti Officials.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicant must have Masters’s Degree or equivalent in any of the following areas: Public Health, Management, Rural Development, Public Policy, Social Sciences, or any related area.
(1) Three years of technical experience on programs/projects on SRHR;
(2) Work experience with Government and/or UN agencies is desirable;
(3) Strong technical knowledge of SRH with a focus on a rights-based approach;
(4) Experience in training and capacity building on SRHR issues is highly desirable;
(5) Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Odia language will be an advantage.;
(2) Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda;
(3) Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships;
(4) Delivering results-based programmes;
Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization;
(5) Achieving results,
(6) Being accountable,
(7) Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
(8) Thinking analytically and strategically,
(9) Working in teams/managing ourselves and relationships, Communicating for impact.
5. NATURE OF ENGAGEMENT:
The Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights Consultant shall be hired on a consultancy contract through Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), a respected HR Agency.
The consolidated remuneration for the position ranges between Rs. 90,000 – 1,10,000 per month and will be commensurate with the experience and salary history of the candidate.
7. LOCATION: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
8. DURATION: The successful candidate shall be issued an initial consultancy contract till December 31, 2022, extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance.
9. REFERENCE: SRHRC-UNFPA-OD
10. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
11. APPLICATION PROCESS: Click Here
12. Last Date: June 9, 2022