UNICEF invites applications for candidates for the post of District Nutrition Consultant in Cuttack, Ganjam, and Sambalpur, Odisha on a contract basis. Interested MPH Degree holder candidates may go through the details given below.
ALSO READ: UNICEF Recruitment State Coordinator
MPH Jobs in UNICEF Post Name
District Nutrition Consultants at RDC level (Three Vacancies), UNICEF, Odisha.
UNICEF is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The organization works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, defend their rights, and help them fulfill their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
UNICEF is supporting the Centre of Excellence (CoE), Odisha, in capacity building, monitoring, and knowledge management initiatives for strengthening the facility and community-based management of severe acute malnutrition in Odisha.
ALSO READ: RAHI Recruitment Program Manager
Over the last decade, Odisha has shown good progress in terms of the reduction of undernutrition. While the prevalence rates of most forms of undernutrition including stunting, underweight, and anemia illustrate a downward trend, they continue to impact a substantial proportion of the state’s population. 83% of the population of the state resides in rural areas and almost 40% of its population belongs to socially disadvantaged groups, 17% are scheduled caste and 23% are scheduled tribes.
UNICEF is committed to strengthening inter-sectoral coordination mechanisms to improve the quality of nutritional interventions and ensure coverage of unreached communities leading to a better nutritional status for women and children in Odisha. Discussions with the Department of Women and Child Development stressed on the importance of providing Human Resource support at the level of the RDC to strengthen inter-sectoral nutrition actions and reviews for improving the quality of program implementation.
The Centre of Excellence Child Health & Nutrition established at Shishu Bhawan, Capital Hospital Bhubaneswar supports the state in the quality implementation of these programs.
The institution serves as a one-stop center for support in planning, monitoring, and knowledge management for all child health and nutrition programs in the state, including F-SAM, CMAM, RBSK, and micronutrient supplementation programs and serving as a one-stop resource center for child health and nutrition interventions in the state. Various critical child health and nutrition programs are being implemented in the state, like SNCU, IYCF, RBSK, NIPI, VAS, NDD, etc. CoE-Child Health and Nutrition programs are being facilitated and with the technical support of UNICEF at the state.
UNICEF JOB DESCRIPTION FOR MPH
(1) Provide handholding support in the implementation of activities under the POSHAN Convergence Action Plan, SAG program, and SNP in the districts and shared with UNICEF;
(2) Provide support in improving the quality care for SAM children at the facility level, and community level (CMAM);
(3) Provide support in the implementation of community-based interventions for at-risk infants under six months of age program in assigned districts;
(4) Provide monitoring support in the implementation of MAA, IYCF, complementary feeding program, and CMAM program and submit a report to CoE and UNICEF;
(5) Support in implementation of VAS and NDD round (Aug round / Feb round) and submit a report to UNICEF;
(6) Prepare a consolidated report of all visits/ observations and share it as an advocacy note;
(7) District-wise inputs on high-impact nutrition interventions into ICDS-POSHAN Abhiyaan and NHM PIPs provided, and synopsis submitted to UNICEF for inclusion in state PIP;
(8) Review of implementation of nutrition interventions in PVTG areas (JibanSampark)- Mayurbhanj and Jajpur districts, conducted and findings shared with UNICEF;
(9) Support and review the implementation of NIPI/ AMB in the districts and action points shared with UNICEF;
(10) Prepare human interest story/ case studies in the thematic area of anemia control, IYCF/ complementary feeding, and JibanSampark/ Swabhimaan/ CMAM submit to CoE and UNICEF;
(11) Convergence meetings by District Authority with representatives from Health, DWCD, and S&ME departments at the district level attended and reports submitted to CoE and UNICEF for action at the departmental level;
(12) Attend convergence/ coordination/ capacity building/ review meeting with Govt. line departments / UNICEF at the state level and submit a report on follow-up action;
(13) Work closely with the Director of Capital Hospital and perform any other responsibilities assigned by CoE, Child Health and Nutrition, DWCD, and UNICEF related to the project.
Qualification For MPH Jobs in UNICEF
Applicant must have a PG degree/ diploma in Nutrition/ Public Health Nutrition/ MD/ MPH/ MHA/ MHM/ or other Social Sciences.
Experience for UNICEF Jobs for MPH
(1) Minimum three years of experience in the field of maternal health, child development and nutrition, and emergency nutrition;
(2) Knowledge/ familiarity with the national flagship programs (NRHM, ICDS, and others);
(3) Prior experience working with the Government will be an asset.
Skills and Competencies For Master of Public Health Jobs in UNICEF
(1) Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships with governmental, non-governmental, and civil society organizations;
(2) Knowledge of English is essential, working knowledge of Oriya would be an added advantage;
(3) Good analytical, negotiation and communication (oral and written) skills;
(4) Computer literate and conversant with MS Office and its application, internet, and e-mail.
Salary in UNICEF Jobs for MPH Degree
Remuneration payable to the selected candidate in the form of professional fees shall be attractive and in alignment with market norms.
Job Location in UNICEF for MPH
District of Odisha; One vacancy each in Cuttack, Ganjam, and Sambalpur.
How to Apply for MPH Jobs 2022 in UNICEF India
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/UNICEF by or before December 31, 2022.