UNICEF invites applications for candidates for the post of State Coordinator in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on a contract basis. Interested MPH Degree holder candidates may go through the details given below.
State Coordinator CMAM (One vacancy), UNICEF, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
UNICEF is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The organization works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, defend their rights, and help them fulfill their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
UNICEF is supporting the Centre of Excellence (CoE), Odisha, in capacity building, monitoring, and knowledge management initiatives for strengthening the facility and community-based management of severe acute malnutrition in Odisha.
The Centre of Excellence was established at Shishu Bhawan, Capital Hospital Bhubaneswar to support the state in the quality implementation of the programs. The institution serves as a one-stop center for supporting planning, monitoring, and knowledge management for all child health and nutrition programs in the state, including F-SAM, CMAM, RBSK, and micronutrient supplementation programs. Various critical child health and nutrition programs are being implemented in the state, like SNCU, IYCF, RBSK, NIPI, VAS, NDD, etc. The CoE-Child Health and Nutrition programs are being facilitated and with the technical support of UNICEF at the state.
CoE Child Health and Nutrition Program will aim for the training and capacity building of Health, ICDS functionaries, and WSHGs members for the smooth intervention of the program. The CoE will also be responsible for the monitoring and supervision of the program at the state.
ALSO READ: RAHI Recruitment Program Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Provide technical support to the Department of Health and Family Welfare and Women and Child Development in strengthening the implementation of the CMAM program;
(2) Responsible for implementation of Community-based interventions for at-risk infants under six months of age program in the assigned district at state;
(3) Provide support in capacity building of district-level Health & ICDS functionaries for the implementation of the CMAM program;
(4) Conduct monitoring and supportive supervision field visits to support the Health & ICDS functionaries in the implementation of the CMAM program;
(5) Support Health and ICDS in the implementation of the CMAM program including Annual Planning, documentation, periodic progress of district/ FLW training, collating monthly progress reports from the district for consolidated state report, facilitating training as per requirement, regular follow-up with district teams to document progress, conducting field monitoring and sharing feedbacks, and support in periodic reviews;
(6) Support in the initiative of community mobilization for CMAM in the state;
(7) Data management of the CMAM program including periodic reports, analysis, and developing analytical presentations for reviews;
(8) Maintain co-ordination between UNICEF Odisha, NHM/ DHFW-Odisha & DWCD & MS, CoE- Capital Hospital for providing progress and updates on CMAM program implementation;
(9) Participate in the review/ progress meetings as and when scheduled at state and districts;
(10) Work closely with the Director, Capital Hospital, and perform any other responsibilities assigned by CoE-Child Health and Nutrition, DWCD and UNICEF related to the project.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
Applicant must have a university degree in medicine, nutrition, public health, or social sciences.
(1) Minimum five years of work experience in the field of Health or Nutrition of which at least three years of experience in the management of children with acute malnutrition, capacity building, program planning, implementation, monitoring evaluation, data analysis, and report writing;
(2) Minimum three years of experience working with the government; Prior experience working with NHM and ICDS shall be desirable;
(3) Prior experience working on nutrition programs especially CMAM and NRCs in a large state;
(4) Prior experience working in the area of Severe Acute Malnutrition.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships with governmental, non-governmental, and civil society organizations;
(2) Understanding of the importance of social mobilization, behavior change, and partnerships
(3) Good analytical, negotiation, communication, and advocacy skills;
(4) Knowledge of working/ drafting communication in English and Odia is essential;
(5) Computer knowledge in working in Microsoft Office is essential.
Remuneration payable to the selected candidate in the form of professional fees shall be attractive and in alignment with market norms.
LOCATION and NUMBER OF VACANCY
One Vacancy, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
The successful candidate shall be issued a consultancy contract for a period of one year which shall be renewable based on performance.
ALSO READ: CINI Recruitment Project Officer
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/UNICEF by or before December 31, 2022.