National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) invites applications for candidates for the post of Advisor Public Health Administration in New Delhi, on a contract basis. Interested MPH Degree holder candidates may go through the details given below.
|Name of Department||National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC)|
|Name of Post||Advisor Public Health Administration|
|Qualifications||Medical Degree (MBBS) with Post graduate degree (MD (PSM/CHA, etc.) / MS/Master’s in
public health / PhD
|Age Limit||Up to 60 Years|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Salary||As per Rules|
|Last Date||December 29, 2022|
Roles & Responsibilities for NHSRC Recruitment 2022
- NHSRC adopts a holistic approach towards health systems strengthening, hence, there might be overlap between the thematic areas of the divisions. The following key responsibilities shall come directly under the purview of the Advisor (PHA).
- The Advisor (PHA) shall be responsible for leading and overseeing the division’s work in the specified
thematic areas as mentioned below.
- Assist the States and UTs in strengthening the provision of secondary and tertiary healthcare (to the extent it is supported in NHM) and developing secondary facilities to deliver multi-specialist care.
- Support and review the implementation of the Indian Public Health Standards (IPHS) across the public health institutions of States and UTs.
- Provide technical support to the States and UTs in achieving the goals and targets specified under Sustainable Development Goal 3 and National Health Policy, 2017 for the relevant thematic areas under the division.
- Provide technical assistance, supportive supervision and capacity-building support to States and UTs for the implementation of the National Urban Health Mission (NUHM) and contribute to the strengthening of the urban health architecture in the country.
- Support the States and UTs in institutionalising the public health management cadre.
- Support the States and UTs in planning, implementing and upgrading the health infrastructure as per the required components outlined in the PM-ABHIM and XV-FC guidelines, especially for Critical Care Units, IPHLs and BPHUs.
- Review and strengthen the functioning of Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) and emergency referral in the transport network of National Ambulance Services (NAS).
- Review and improve the mechanisms for strengthening the accountability of health systems including Maternal and Child Death Reviews, Civil Registration System, Grievance Redressal and Health Helpline in collaboration and coordination with the relevant technical divisions in MoHFW.
- Contribute towards strengthening the legal framework of health and provide technical support to the MoHFW, States and UTs for the same.
- Examine and appraise proposals from States/UTs, including PIPs, for the specified thematic areas.
- Lead the task of guideline development and enable relevant policy and programme modifications on the specified thematic areas. Develop databases for the thematic areas of the division to facilitate monitoring and decision-making.
- Support in building capacities of States and districts in contextualising and implementing the guidelines/ policies developed.
- Conduct studies/assessments to generate evidence on the implementation of the activities mentioned above and recommend improvements to achieve the specified goals.
- Review and scale up initiatives and innovations to improve health sector preparedness and resilience.
- Coordinate and liaise with key stakeholders across NHSRC, NE-RRC, Ministry, State/District Officials, Development partners etc. for the realisation of the division’s activities.
- Build team capacity and mentor team members in NHSRC and NE-RRC to serve as the technical and programmatic reference point for MoHFW/States.
- Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director, NHSRC and /or the Executive Committee of NHSRC.
Qualification & Experience for NHSRC Recruitment 2022
- Medical Degree (MBBS) with Post graduate degree (MD (PSM/CHA, etc.) / MS/master’s in public health / PhD
- At least 15 years of post-qualification work experience in Health Planning and Implementation of service delivery / Academia / Health Systems Research
- Demonstrated experience in planning and strategy development with policy and/or demonstrated experience in operationalising health programmes at the field level / working in strengthening State/District level health systems.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to undertake desk research, literature review and accessing other relevant documents through internet usage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, and immaculate oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi is also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Published work in the area of health systems or public health.
Age Limit for NHSRC Recruitment
60 Years (As of the date of applying)
Work Location for NHSRC Recruitment
New Delhi; Travel to States and Districts may be involved.
Also Read: NHSRC Required Lead Consultant
Remuneration for NHSRC Recruitment
A competitive remuneration package will be provided to the selected candidate and benefits such as Free Accidental insurance, Subsidized Medical insurance, Mobile bills reimbursement, Laptop reimbursement (As per NHSRC Policy), 30 days Consolidated leave, fully paid Maternity to leave (For Female Consultants) as per Government of India policy, annual increments, TA/ DA and per diem for on-duty visits, as per policy.
Duration of Contract for NHSRC Recruitment 2022
Initial Contract till 31st March 2025 (with further extension subject to satisfactory performance and extension of NHM). Candidates selected in this interview could be considered for other vacant positions at NHSRC requiring similar skill sets and at the appropriate level. Government Officials willing to come on deputation can also apply for the post of Advisor- Public Health Administration, subject to meeting the criteria mentioned in the TOR (Terms of Reference) advertised and on submission of NOC to NHSRC from their controlling department.
How to apply for NHSRC Recruitment 2022
Candidates are requested to fill out the online application correctly which is available on the NHSRC website (http://nhsrcindia.org). Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only. The last date for receiving applications is 29th November 2022.