Rise Against Hunger India (RAHI) invites applications for candidates for the post of Program Manager – Health & WASH in Bangalore or Delhi on a contract basis. Interested MPH Degree holder candidates may go through the details given below.
Program Manager – H&W, Rise Against Hunger India, Bangalore or New Delhi
Rise Against Hunger India (RAHI), is a registered public trust, driven by the vision of a world without hunger. The mission of the organization is to nourish lives, empower communities, respond to emergencies and grow the movement for ending hunger.
Headquartered in Bangalore and with Regional Offices in Mumbai and Delhi, RAHI works in some of the most remote, hard-to-reach locations in Odisha and Jharkhand, through Cluster Offices that work with communities.
RAHI supports safety net programs that provide nourishment, as well as additional skills training or services, to support the difficult journey out of poverty. More than 2 million people have been provided food and nutrition support by RAHI, since its inception.
For more information about the organization please visit, https://www.riseagainsthunger.org/
JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Program Management, the Program Manager – H&W (PM-H&W) shall be responsible for designing and leading RAHI’s Health and WASH (H&W) initiatives and bringing about substantive improvements to overall health and nutritional indicators, of the communities they serve.
The PM-H&W shall also establish linkages and liaise with health-related agencies and government departments, to enhance program delivery capacity on the ground.
Key Job Responsibilities
(1) Coordinate and manage RAHI’s H&W portfolio with an exclusive focus on community health;
(2) Work closely with the field units to design and plan H&W programs/ projects, primarily focused on achieving nutritional outcomes in the first 1,000 days and among adolescent girls;
(3) Develop guidelines and tools on H&W project planning, including a selection of interventions as they relate to nutritional outcomes at the household and community levels;
(4) Deliver grant projects in the areas of H&W, ensuring donor compliance, liaison, budget management, and reporting;
(5) Work with field coordinators, animators, and other project staff to build community capacity to manage health programs, including a clear understanding of maternal and child health, adolescent nutritional behavior, and health practices;
(6) Facilitate linkage and liaison with relevant government machinery and systems responsible for health management at the community, block, district, and state levels. Be the point person to coordinate with relevant departments and authorities;
(7) Coordinate with other program team members at RAHI and contribute actively to the design and development of H&W interventions in communities;
(8) Install a robust project planning and management framework and contribute thematic/domain-level expertise on livelihood and food security, to build an organization-wide information management process;
(9) Build a set of project concept notes, and proposal pipelines, for submission to potential donors based on data gathered from the communities where RAHI operates directly;
(10) Contribute to the annual planning and budgeting exercise giving projections for the year and assuming responsibility for achieving the projected estimates;
(11) Track the progress of each project and submit quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports to the management/ Board on projects being implemented;
(12) Actively solicit potential funding opportunities and respond to RFPs/CFPs;
(13) Provide interesting stories of success and learning to be published on various digital channels viz. website, email, and social media accounts, for supporter engagement and to raise resources;
(14) Bring domain expertise to support the communications team with mailers, newsletters, publications, videos, and other communications materials, that are sent to donors, supporters, and the public;
(15) Guide the communications team in developing relevant content for the website to make it fundraising-oriented and in alignment with the organization’s branding guidelines.
ALSO READ: CINI Recruitment Project Officer
Qualification and Experience
(1) Applicants must be post-graduates in Public Health, with at least six years of work experience, specifically in MCH, community health, and behavior change;
(2) Minimum of five years of experience in implementing and delivering large projects relevant to the position, having a project budget of at least USD 300,000;
(3) Strong project formulation and design skills with demonstrated experience in proposal writing and presentations to external donors/ funders.
Essential Skills and Competencies
(1) Conversant with current trends in maternal health, adolescent health, health and nutrition integration, and WASH;
(2) Strong knowledge of project planning and management tools, technology, and software;
(3) Critical thinking;
(4) Solution oriented;
(5) Ability to work independently and deliver under pressure;
(6) Self-directed goal achiever;
(7) Ability to connect with others outside her/his direct sphere of influence, or relevance.
Gross compensation for the position ranges from Rs. 10 to 12 lacs per annum. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
Bangalore or Delhi
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/RAHI by or before December 31, 2022.