The SOS Children’s Villages International on behalf of the SOS Children’s Villages invites applications for candidates for the post of Programme Advisor in Faridabad, Haryana, on a contract basis. Interested candidates may go through the details given below.
|Name of Department||SOS Children’s Villages International|
|Name of Post||Programme Advisor|
|Number of Vacancies||——-|
|Average Salary||As per industry|
|Job Location||Faridabad, Haryana|
30th November 2022
Mission: This position will be responsible for aiming to expand its outreach in Asia Region as a way to contribute to the SOS Care Promise and the Child Safeguarding Strengthening Action Plan. The incumbent will develop a regional strategy to guide Member Associations in more focused and strategic intervention in Psychosocial support and mental health. Further, the incumbent will be responsible to look after individual support/immediate support in historical cases of abuse and contextualization of MHPSS(Mental Health and Psychosocial Support) MSP(Minimum Service Package) interventions developed for children, young people, Children, and Youth Care Practitioners, families, co-workers, and community. The incumbent will report to the ‘Programme Advisor – Child Safeguarding & Protection.
Location: International Office Region-Asia or Asian MAs where SOS Children’s Villages is located.
Duration: Fixed-term employment (Annual renewable contract till Dec 31, 2024)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the planning and rollout of MHPSS training and interventions in the Region.
- Assist in developing MHPSS implementation guidelines and tools to facilitate the effective delivery of MHPSS services.
- Provide MHPSS training and regular in-service coaching to national MHPSS workers’ mental health interventions as indicated above.
- Conduct systematic supervision and oversight of the National MHPSS team to ensure implementation of the Regional mental health strategy in line with the guidelines and procedures in place.
- Develop and implement data collection tools to document the implementation process, track results and identify challenges and remedial action
- Compile, analyze and report on mental health initiatives of the region.
- Conduct regular field visits to provide technical support and supervision to National MHPSS workers.
- Develop/adapt quality assurance tools and roll them out to MHPSS teams.
- Ensure compliance with regional interventions to MHPSS minimum standards and best practices in the field.
- Represent Regional mental health initiatives and play an active role in different coordination forums.
- Prepare and share outcomes of mental health initiatives at different coordination platforms to promote the scale-up of the interventions.
- Developing mental health strategy for the region and supporting MAs on the overall implementation of immediate support projects.
- Any other assignment as entrusted by the supervisor.
Qualification & Experience:
- Should have post-graduated in psychology, clinical counseling, global mental health, social work, public health, or related subjects.
- Candidate should have 10 years of total working experience in the Programme department and at least 5 years of working experience in MHPSS programs in the region.
- Training and supervision experience (incl. remotely), focusing on MHPSS pyramid level 2 (community and family-based MHPSS programs, such as caregiver support, group-based MHPSS for children) and level 3 interventions (deep understanding and knowledge of evidence-based focused non-specialized MHPSS interventions such as counseling, PM+, Team-Up).
- In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergencies and international best practices on the integration of MHPSS into Education, Child Protection, Primary Health Care, and community settings.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment, design and delivery of responses to MHPSS needs in humanitarian settings.
- Capacity and proven track record in national staff and partner organization training and capacity-building.
- Experience in evidence generation, documentation of case studies, success stories, MHPSS research protocol, and piloting MHPSS studies at a community level.
- Strong experience and background in monitoring and evaluation tools including Means of Verification of MHPSS programs.
- Prior experience in the field of MHPSS is required.
Essential Values, Behaviours, and Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong capacity development, coaching, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to reflect and link current work to new opportunities/possibilities.
- Networking and coordination skills including representation of GPEG in coordination meetings with clusters and Technical Working Groups.
- Enthusiasm, motivation, self-confidence, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to take individual initiative with limited supervision, meet tight deadlines, and deliver quality results.
- Willingness to undertake frequent travels (up to 30% of the time) within the programme area.
- Affinity with SOS mandate.
Note: Salary will be commensurate with experience and will match industry standards, If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed application by November 30, 2022.
Official Notification: Click Here
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organization, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health, and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children in our programs by having a zero-tolerance policy in this regard. We are further committed to providing a safe environment for staff and children, young people and adults with whom we work, where human rights are respected and upheld, and healthy relations are fostered by building organizational systems, capacity, and awareness on PSHEA (prevention and protection against sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse) guidelines. All our co-workers are obliged to follow our policy on Child Safeguarding and Protection, PSHEA, and Code of Conduct. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families, and caregivers each year.
- EducateGirls required District Program Officer in Prayagraj
- WHO required International Consultant
- Public Health Foundation of India required Program Officer